ANG NARS MEETING WITH THE BRAVES
A post in the Registered Nurse of the Philippines by Ronn Carlo Malihan Pascual about exploitation of nurses, triggered this meeting when some Nurse netizens asked help from ANG NARS. The meeting was scheduled. A post in the Registered Nurse of the Philippines by Ronn Carlo Malihan Pascual about exploitation of nurses, triggered this meeting when some Nurse netizens asked help from ANG NARS. The meeting was scheduled.
Agenda: Issues and Concerns in the Human Resource for Health (HRH) of the Department of Health (DOH)
The attendees were 16 Brave nurses from Bulacan, Occidental Mindoro, Pampanga, Capiz, Batangas, Cotabato and NCR.
The participants met the OBJECTIVES of the meeting accordingly:
- Be able to recognize and assess the nursing issues and concerns in the maladies of corruption, mediocrity, apathy, passivity and exploitation;
- Be able to distinguish the use of approaches in order to find solutions to the problems identified;
- Be an active advocate against the social maladies, assert their rights to uphold the respect and dignity; and,
- Be able to speak up and put into action the solutions agreed upon.
Different issues and concerns of the HRH were discussed:
- Discussed the letter of ANG NARS to DOH dated October 2017 ( see attached)
- Discussed the response of DOH to the said letter dated February 2017 (see attached)
- Discussed the BRAVES suggestions, to wit:
- Reintegration program upon termination of HRH Contract;
- ENDO HRH must be prioritized in hiring in RHUs or Government hospitals as a form of career progression;
- Availment of 13th month pay, and all other allowable benefits;
- Regularization of HRH.
Resolutions and Call to Action:
- The group unanimously agreed to organize Ang Nars Human Resource for Health (HRH) Advocates for Plantilla.
- The group shall include not only the nurses but also all members of the Human Resource for Health (HRH). They are the Doctors, Dentists, Nurses, Med Techs, Pharmacists, Family Health Associates, Universal Healthcare Implementers, Public Health Associates, Public Health Associates-Rural Health Sanitation Inspectors and Midwives.
It was unanimously agreed upon that:
A. A signature campaign will be launched for the Regularization of HRH of the Department of Health:
- The primary goal of the signature campaign is to accomplish 10,000 signatures to be submitted to the Office of President Rodrigo Duterte to initiate policy development on the creation of plantilla positions for HRH.
- Seek audience with the President to regularize the HRH of DOH.b.
B. The signature campaign will be uploaded in the following web/ social platforms:
- ANG NARS Inc. website
- ANG NARS Fan page/Facebook account
- ANG NARS HRH Advocates for Plantilla (nationwide)
C. The group will make the letter to the President and the Signature Campaign material.
(Please download signature campaign form for mass dissemination and gathering of signatures.)
“TAMANG TRABAHO, TAMANG SUWELDO, TAMANG SOLUSYON”
“WALANG KALUSUGANG PANGKALAHATAN KUNG WALANG MANGANGALAGA SA KALUSUGAN NG SAMBAYANAN!
January 5, 2018 1-5 PM
Philippine Medical Association